Tuesday 13 November 2007

I have been continuing my investigations into taking one every day object, in this case the chair and making it interesting and unusual. Abstracting its form and looking at it in new ways. I have started to make drawings by drawing round chairs and through chairs and using spray paint, spraying around the chairs form. The drawings are turning out really interestingly so i am trying to make as many as i can in order to experiment with this idea fully. I am also using the sculptures i made based on chair forms as templates in a similar way, ie drawing and spraying round them.
Simultaneoulsy i am thinking about continuing to customise existing chairs and spend time walking around glasgow trying to find disgarded chairs i can use. I have also started to investigate by taking my chair forms i made out of wood into different environments around the art school and surrounding streets, investigating how the forms intrude within space.

No comments: